Feb 21 2013, the launch date of BlackBerry Z10 smartphone in Asia and Blackberry celebrated its 10th year in Singapore, at Marina Bay Sand’s Art Science Museum.
The BlackBerry Z10, powered by the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented platform, creating an extremely unique mobile experience.
Which i must say, the redesigned platform has wow-ed me and let Z10 nudged its way up my ‘to get’ list.
This sleek looking, function packed Z10 is available at S$918, without mobile contract, from 7th March onwards.
For those who are interested to recontract their existing line or get a new line, it is and will be available to all telcos, from 7th March.
Here are the telcos’ pre-order or interest registration link(s):
- BlackBerry Z10 - Pre-ordering
Freebies: Transform Shell (Red), HDMI cable & Battery charger bundle (while stocks last)
Freebie: Portable Charger (while stocks last)
Indepth info on Z10, as provided:
BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture--based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work and share with features like:
- The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which is a single place to manage all your conversations whether personal or work email, BBMTM messages, social media updates or notifications, and the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. (note: everything and anything sync and on the go)
- BlackBerry® Flow, where the BlackBerry 10 experience excels by enabling features and apps to flow seamlessly together, helping you complete the task at hand effortlessly and efficiently. For example, you can tap on an attendee listed for a meeting to see their latest tweet or LinkedIn profile. Or tap the thumbnail of a picture you just took to launch the Picture Editor and quickly apply a transformation or filter, then instantly share it with your contacts.
- A keyboard that understands and adapts to you, that learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately.
- BBM (BlackBerry® Messenger), which allows you to share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact. (note: BBM is somewhat like iMessage for iOS users, for those who don’t get it)
- BlackBerry® BalanceTM technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content on BlackBerry devices. (note: only for BES users, corporate)
- Time Shift, an astonishing camera feature that lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. Story Maker, which lets you bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share.
- The new BlackBerry 10 browser, which sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 support on smartphones, is incredibly fast. Scrolling or zooming is fluid and responsive. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content.
- BlackBerry® Remember, which combines memos, tasks and much more into a single experience. It helps you organize and manage information you have on your smartphone around projects or ideas, letting you collect content such as websites, emails, photos, documents, and other files, and then like a To--Do list, lets you create tasks, assign due dates, and track your progress. If your BlackBerry 10 smartphone is set up with a work account, your Microsoft® Outlook® Tasks will automatically be wirelessly synced with BlackBerry Remember. If you have configured an Evernote account with your smartphone, BlackBerry Remember will sync Evernote workbooks as well.
- BlackBerry® Safeguard technology that helps protect what is important to you, and the business you work for.
- Built--in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® so your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone can be simply connected and managed as other ActiveSync devices in a company, or enabled with BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 to gain secure access to work email, “behind the firewall” applications and data, and benefit from other security and enterprise mobility management features.
- The BlackBerry® WorldTM storefront includes over 70,000 BlackBerry 10 apps and one of the most robust music catalogs in mobile today. In addition, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Foursquare apps for BlackBerry 10 are preinstalled, and BlackBerry 10 customers will have access to leading applications from across the globe. Leading application providers including Disney, Cisco, Foursquare, Skype and Rovio have committed to the platform. To ensure local content has also been considered, BlackBerry has been working with local partners and developers to bring various applications to the new platform including PicStory, Popcorn: SG Movie Showtimes, SISTIC, Autumn Dynasty and ComfortDelGro Taxi Booking.
Torn between two Z…
The Xperia Z and BB Z10…
Mind and wallet is unsure which to go for.
Oh boy… =/